Sunday, June 05, 2005

My Retirement From Show Business

My first thought when deciding to announce my retirement from show business was....was, well not much of anything. Having through the years, done the best I can with the little I have to work with, I feel it is time to give other, similarly un or semi-talented people a chance to play on my computer.

Many of you will remember when I started this blog: August 14th, 1961, on the back of a matchbook advertising the "People's" brand of pay toilet. From there to billboards, skywriting, the back of cheese slices, and in 1988, when we blogged from Heaven during my short bout with death, this has indeed been a strange long trip.

After we received our license to blog on the internet back in 1992, and sat around a big table in the nude with Art Linkletter, Bob Barker, Ayn Rand, Steve McQueen, and Shirley Booth to decide just who would steer the car that would take us to the computing center where we blogged back then, we knew we were on to something very special.

Shirley Booth steered the car that day, but the rest of us decided that she was too fat to both steer and sit on Art Linkletter's lap, so I bought a home computer, where we have blogged ever since.

Why now, retirement say you? As I slip ever so nicely into my dotage, I feel the need for more down time. And I want to spend more time doing what I know best; laying in bed, snacks surrounding me in a clockwise setup for easier access, the tv always on, and drool running down my face, on either side, not discriminating as to cheeks.

So, so long, dear friends. We'll continue to do the blog of course, but as with any retirement, we won't be able to provide the amenities (picnic lunch, snik-snacks, beer, wine coolers, chin implants and such) that we have in the past.

So I hope you will continue to read our more mediocre blog, and remember; you may still love me all the money in the world...PLUS TAX!

joe

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rose said...

No, no, Joe--you can't retire from show business yet! You haven't done 6 years' worth of "farewell" tours. You have to give all your fans the chance to say goodbye and purchase "Mr. Liberty" t-shirts and mousepads.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. Liberty said...

I forgot all about the cha-ching!

Mousepads....hmmm. From there the sky's the limit in pre-retirement goodies.

Cheese flavored cough drops with my head on them!

RETIREMENT ON HOLD!

joe

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home