Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shock And Awe

I've lived in this apartment now for almost four years, and have been almost everywhere in it. I haven't stuck my head in the toilet or bathed in the ice box for reasons best known to God, but I've been just about everywhere else in this damn place. Or so I thought.

There is a big full length mirror on my bedroom closet door. I was checking my face and teeth ( I think I may need braces...Jesus come home, I'm 50 for God's sake!) and all around attractiveness when I started playing with the door.

Closing it and then opening it again, open and close, just for the hell of it, maybe just to see if it would come off the hinge, and I would have had today's excitement.

Friends, instead of excitement, I had a secular orgasm. I saw for the very first time, a hook on the back of my closet door. I could have been hanging things there for years, but, no. I was throwing things on the bed, couch, even on an old exercise machine I excommunicated several years ago, because it hurt my stomach. And all that time, I had a GD hook on the back of my closet door, which was free. I saw no 10 cents a hang, or different pricing for pants, shirts, or me, if I take the plunge before they get me to the scaffold. Just a sweet thing. A hook, provided by my landlord, probably years before I got here, and I never saw or used the thing.

You can bet I'm hanging things now.



Joe Postove

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home