Saturday, May 12, 2007

Who Likes Short Shorts?

Global warming pushed the temperature in Norfolk up to 75 degrees, so far today. However, I needed some things so I pulled on my comfortable hot pants (not James Brown "Hot Pants" but shorts I wear when it starts to get a little warm outside. However it does still reveal a nice glance of calf and ankle for the sickos and ladies).

These are my last pair of shorts left. The others have apparently moved to another apartment to be worn by someone else (with lesser legs too, I'll bet). This pair is nice and clean, but the button is beginning to come off, and I'm going goof ball worrying that they could slide off, onto the floor, leaving me ungoverned and open sourced.

So today, I wrote a note to myself to wear nice underpants with my shorts, should the unthinkable happen (ok...it was a note to wear underpants, since short trips to the store in hot pants do not require the extra effort of wearing tight jockeys).

The button was really loose the whole time out. I was frantic that I would be in line to pay for my garbage and the button would come off, and all hell would break loose. Mothers and children screaming and running for the exit. Police, guns pulled, ordering me to pull my pants up, store clerks continuing to ring up items in their natural state of post prison glaze!

But the imagination can pull your pants off faster and with more efficiency than reality. I made it all the way in and out of the store, and then home again, with my button intact and my goodies safe in the icebox.

I need another pair of pants.

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home