Monday, June 13, 2005

COKE ZERO!

I was in the 7/11 this afternoon gathering my lunch bucket, when I noticed a new product. I'm not one to try many of the new products (I still have my original Thom McCann "Twist" shoes and my Nixon extra large emergency pee cup from the '68 campaign) so I'm not really up on what's hep.

But when I was about to fetch my Diet Pepsi, God took hold of my eyes, one at a time, and moved them 3/4 of an inch to the right, where I saw COKE ZERO for the first time. I'm glad I saw it now, because I was unaware that they were going to start numbering the Cokes, and I like being on the ground floor. But I'm not sure that zero is a number. Like I don't know if white is a color.

This could be problem for the Coke people, if they start numbering their products at zero and zero turns out not to be a number at all. What do they do then? Where will they go with their soft drink line? They would have to trash the whole concept and wiggle it back up to the drawing board for the the experts to reconsider.

Capitalism can be cutthroat. Oh. Coke Zero taste exactly the same as Diet Coke. And Diet Pepsi, for that matter. But I don't think they were concerned with the taste as much as they were with getting the numbers right.

Good luck, Coca-Cola!

Joe Postove

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home