Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is It New Year's Yet?

I'm getting damn tired of waiting for 2010. Every year at this time, all we do is sit and wait and look at the clock hoping that midnight comes and Guy Lombardo comes back to life (wouldn't that be smashing!?)

I've already wished many of you a Happy New Year (you others know who you are) so I won't figure eight that routine again tonight. Besides, I'm off from work at the work house tomorrow, and I should have time to come to this public computer (who knows where the hands of the person who used it before me have been...but we move along).

Now don't forget, the plan is to gather at the gas station across the street from my apartment about quarter til midnight to celebrate the big hoo-haw. I hope you bumpkins can stay awake that long. NO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY, Sadie!

There will be an open bar at the Yoo-Hoo machine, which also carries Upper Ten, Nee-Hi Grape and Orange, Uncle Don's Spit Cola, and maybe one or two other drinks. All I know, whenever I get a drink there I put my dime in at the Yoo-Hoo slot, and chug it down. I ain't responsible for drunk driving, unless I'm at the wheel. Then, unless I can scoot over and make like you were driving, I'll take the rap. But I know the cops, and maybe I'll offer you up (you're a woman, right?) and we'll be free and on our way.


WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Don't worry about anything. I'll probably be here tomorrow, and give you more info on the party plans. Until then, I'll be home asleep.

Love,

Joey

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...


Happy 2010, there Joe!

As usual I will celebrate by watching the episode where Barney plays the harmonica before the underwear explo...I mean...the goat explodes near the overpass extension that they never completed to this day.
More Stimulus money I says!

~p

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. Liberty said...

Hi Phil,
And I thought that overpass was shovel ready! And the goat too!

Have a happy new year, Pal.

Joe

2010...twenty-ten or two thousand and ten?

The winner gets a jar of Aunt Bee's kerosene cucumbers! 

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home