Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rush Limbaugh and Terri Schiavo

I regularly post to the New York Radio Message Board (which discusses that and other radio oriented issues) and I asked the fellow posters why Rush Limbaugh cannot seem to bring his fat body around and admit when he may possibly be wrong.

Here is the post. And the link to the
board.

" I do NOT want to start a thread on the merits of the two cases on Terri Schiavo, but I do have a question.


There was, perhaps no bigger talk radio topic several months ago with most conservative talkers taking the side of the parents and minimizing the states rights component of the issue when Congress interposed itself.

Perhaps a regular listener to Rush and Hannity can answer this question, but the opportunities I have had to listen to Rush today (maybe an hour total) there is no mention of the Terri Schiavo autopsy, which pretty much confirmed the husband's argument that she was essentially dead.


Is this a regular pattern for him (and the others) that when a serious, contentious issue does find some finality (very rare I know) the subject is totally ignored, not even a nod that one may have been on the wrong side.
Maybe he did mention it earlier. If so I missed it. No calls on it though. The show is heavily screened, though.


I mean, Limbaugh is talking about the weather now (2:30pm edt). C'mon.

It would say a lot about someone if he could just step up to the plate and say "hey, I got that one wrong".

Seems wimpy to me.
joe

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rose said...

You go, Joe! Listening to the results of the autopsy on the radio today just made me shake my head in disbelief at all the craziness surrounding that poor woman's death. NOW maybe she can rest in peace--and her family can find some of that much-maligned term we call "closure."

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home