Saturday, January 02, 2010

2010

This is it, folks. A whole new decade is about to roar in. Are you ready? Those of us who believe what the American constitution says, and in the maximisation of liberty for individuals have our work cut out for us. If our hearts are not cut out first.

These are sad and trying days. But this is a time for individualists to work together to hold back the red tide of collectivism that our Dear Leader and his fellow travelers will bring to this nation, and we'll have to get our hands and hides dirty. Good and dirty. H. L. Mencken said "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard". Is this what we want? Is this the legacy we leave? Goddamn, I can barely believe we are at the threshold.

The talking heads of tubeland are saying that the health bill that will probably come out of Congress is a massive compromise and much less than DL (Dear leader) wanted to begin with.

Begin with are two important words. Because once even a little bill becomes a little law, the collectivists in government will proclaim their disappointment...but, however, then announce that this is a GOOD FIRST STEP! They are three words that have murdered the liberties of the citizenry for generations, so my friends, take these people seriously when they pop out of the White house after the bill signing (God forbid God forbid God forbid God forbid God forbid...fingers and toes crossed). If the Congress pushes out a bill that will force all to have health insurance, whether they want it or not, puts the insurance companies in the big vice grip that our minders have in their torture chamber (the floor of Congress...plus the insurance companies, like many Capitalists who will sell the rope that will hang them are pretty much going along) the first words out of our Dear Leader's lips will be (I guarantee you) "this is a good first step".

Fight the good fight, libertarians and conservatives who haven't forgotten liberty. We need, as citizens to not only beat this monster back, but put up the alternative of a free marketplace for medicine, where the patient rules his health, and doctors on down the food chain of medicine are our advisers and helpers, but never...NEVER our minders.

Unless you are prepared to put your very life into the hands of people like Nancy Pelosi, Henry Reid, and of course Barack Obama, then we have to cut off this politicalization of medicine at its knees (which isn't covered in the new plan anyhow) and propose ideas for a free market in medicine (the subject for another post).

If we can separate the state from religion, if T. Jefferson preferred a state of newspapers over a state of government, and thus today freedom of the press is as nearly as pure and universal in this country as mother's best, we must make the POSITIVE case for the separation of the state from medicine.

That would be a GOOD FIRST STEP towards a separation of the state from EVERYTHING!

Thanks, comrade, if you read all of that. It's the new year, and I wanted to start out with some muscle.

Joe Postove

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

<br.I'm worried sick, Joe. How will it work? When I willfully refuse to get health insurance, the law will be that I go to jail. Do I turn myself in, or wait til they come get me? Should I get fitted for an orange jumpsuit now? But I guess they provide those.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Mr. Liberty said...

Here's what I'm gonna do, Phil.

I'll pay the poor folk's fine (for those who have trouble making beans and bread for a nice supper) and then when I get sick, presto, I'll toddle on down to the state hospital and say "hey I got this thing here...no prior conditions crap, right? Here's my premium...now fix me up with some of that warm, motherly governmant love.

And then I'll just lay there like they want and let them do their business, like the clients they believe we are.

God help us Phil! Or may the ghost of Barry goldwater haunt our Dear Leader in his bed. either one works for me.

Joe

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home