Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Goodbye August...Hello September!

Watching the truly unbelievable and heartbreaking sights in what looks like New Orleans makes me want to take drugs and worship God, dervishly, to make reality go away. I'd like to close my eyes and open them to a brand new world where the events of the past week along the Gulf Coast never happened.

Like my father would say, I'd like a lot of things, wouldn't I? Wishing and praying cannot erase the past, and it appears now, to have little effect on the future. God, who I believe exists, has either chosen to punish the city of New Orleans and thereabouts, or was helpless in the face of Mother Nature, who he is not. I don't know which is scarier. And yet again, it is Man, who will rise to the occasion, as best he can, to mitigate the disturbance of the peaceful state.

We will be quite animated by our religious physicians in the coming weeks to look to God for sustenance and faith. Can we also ask for answers? And reasons. May we implore God to explain himself and his actions. Or if this is not the act of our God, then explain his impotence.


We are his children. We need to know.

Joe Postove

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home