Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More Aid Headed To Stricken Areas!

Normally when I commit an act of charity I prefer to adhere to the Jewish philosopher Maimonides' third highest level of giving in which the giver knows who the recipient is, but the getter does not know who helped him. Giving, for me, is a selfish act, done for sake of the satisfaction of making, if even in some small way, a person's life better, and thus more able to face the world. I do not want or need thanks. The thanks is in the knowledge of how another needy soul on this planet has benefited.

However, my partners and I are embarking on a major act of loving kindness, which I am now publishing for the whole world to see on my blog, via the internet hole I have created.

We have a chain of luxury pay toilets in the northeastern North Carolina and extreme southeastern Virgina areas that service up to a thousand onesies and twosies every day. Our exclusive pay toilets, at only ten cents per, are known throughout the east coast, and people and their entire families come to our port holes to pee and shit.

We are going to take one tenth of one percent of the total receipts from an entire days servicing, and put that money in a bag, send it over to the Trailway's Bus Station where they will put it on a bus and send it down to the Gulf area where the need is so great. The people there will have no idea that this great act of giving came from the bodily wastes of our customers. And that's the way I think our customers would like it too, I'd say.


If business does not slow down much during the fall and winter, and our folks continue to make with the wild abandon that they have so far this year (by the way, now that peeing in a Big Gulp cup is illegal while driving, we expect revenues to pick up!) we will send more 1/10th pennies down there. Perhaps this time putting them in a bigger sack, if there are more pennies.

Good luck to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home