Friday, July 15, 2005

I Am Not A Professional Writer Man

You could probably tell that, huh? Yes, it's true, I don't do this for a living. If I did, I would be doing it for a deadening. The nice thing about doing a blog is that there is no pressure to turn out competent copy everyday. The bad thing about it is that you don't have to turn out competent copy everyday. It's a two way street. I found love on a two way street (but lost it on a lonely highway). I'm learning, in my amateur status here on the blog how to fill up space. I'm a space hog man! Fuck the content! Just fill it up with letters and those little things that go between them. Oh, the punctuation.

My good friend, who is nice enough to look over my copy sometimes, told me about the ellipses. I know that one ellipses gives you 3 dots and another gives you 4 dots, but the minute she told me which was what, I forgot. But I LOVE ellipses! ... .... ... ... .... I even came up with my own five dot ellipses ..... It signifies nothing. My friend is a teacher and has a mean big red pen. She's so nice, but the pen is scary, so I try not to invoke its rage.

Look at this...I've written two paragraphs (could have been four, man). And look at all of the neat things we've shared together on today's blog. Now I shall take to my bed and rest my bones, because I have to watch tv later. I have to. It's already on.


joe

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Rose said...

Ellipses are ... good. But I'm more into exploring the many elegant uses of the colon myself. (I got over my semi-colon jones a couple of years ago.) Hail to thee, oh mighty punctuation!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home