Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter Wonderland Of Washington

Oh, our poor minders. With all that snow they can't get to work (except Bob Byrd, who sleeps there) and the government has shut down again, today making it a three day holiday so far. Almost like government work.

Yeah I know, these peoples work hard for their money and for the best interest of the citizens, but down here in Norfolk, where the temp today was in the twenties, I had a warm, fuzzy feeling, knowing the center of organized crime is blinking the "sorry we're closed sign". Gee.

The whole federal government has shut down, and yet somehow, who knows, perhaps only Lord Jesus, praise oh praise him, knows how we have managed to get along. I've got to make some "We're Still Here Obama" t-shirts to show the world we still be truckin' baby!

I woke up this morning early, about 4am, and the radio box said that Washington was a ghost town, everything was closed and locked tight.
I immediately counted my toes and fingers to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I also counted a couple of other things to make sure, which I won't reveal here on this family friendly website.

I heard today that the President couldn't even open the front door to get outside and pee in the snow and had to use the back door, which infuriated him and Michelle (can ladies do that?) The President and first lady had no choice but to kick back and watch cartoons with the kids, and then The Price Is Right" (the producers of the show are helping with the stimulus...so far they've given away a mink stole and a pay stall), and thereafter spent the afternoon watching Michelle's stories on TV. No press briefings, no early morning, indispensable review of the word situation with Rahm Emanual, no Joint Chiefs, no nothing baby. As Michelle might say "The World Still Turns".

Government types hate this. Where's the action when you can't be messing in the business of the citizens? After all, isn't what they sent them there for? To do the "people's business"? If I were a Democrat, I'd be so sick, I'd probably make a #2 in the snow. It would look kind of like Dick Nixon, I think, with the long turds for the nose and ears, and the wet one for the face.

What else the hell you gonna do in Washington when you can't get to work and fuck with me? Fuck your wife? Ha! The best you could hope for would be some hermaphrodite lobbyist to do him/her self, in the snow, using the Washington Monument for inspiration.

I never said things would be easy.

Joey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home