Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Death In The Family

Ron Lundy, a legendary dj at the best radio station that there ever was (WABC-New York) has passed away.

You can read posts about this great talent and very nice man at the New York Radio Message Board, and my post to the board, here:

RIP, Radio Man. So much can and will be said about this great talent, so I can only add... my little bit. Ron Lundy, on the beach, in the car, in a motel, at my cousin's house, anywhere that great distinctive voice was heard was more than a dj. He was GOOD COMPANY.

Hello Luv was his trademark or catchphrase, but I never tired of it. I guess Ron wasn't a "personality" in the way Bruce and Dan are, but he was without doubt, in the tippitytop of the old pop crop of friends we invite into our space. Ron made me smile. He didn't have to tell a joke or get off a fast one liner. It's worth saying again. Ron Lundy was good company.

He has been missed for years now, since his retirement from CBS-FM. The world was a happier place when "hello luv" came out of my radio. 75 is too young, but Ron, if you're watching us from somewhere today, know that those who listened to you for years, even though they may have never seen your face, loved you. Sympathy to his family, his best friend, Dan Ingram, and millions of fans who smiled when he talked. I love you Radio Man.

Joe Postove

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home