Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dr. Laura Schlessinger's "word"

I don't listen to the good doctor unless there is absolutely nothing else decent on the radio (so I do listen to her from time to time, huh?) so I didn't hear her so called rant where she said the "N" word 11 times. I know what the "N" word is, so no kidding, let's sort out this extreme political correctness gone over the hill.

She said nigger. Now I must retire from my blog, right? Not a chance, France, I've got too much good work to do for the peoples of the world. Nigger. What an awful word. But is it worse than kike, queer, yid, and the panoply of bad yet useful words that have been barred by the discrimination of the political tenders.

She called no one a nigger. She did not refer to anyone as such. I believe she was making a point (much as I am trying here). Are we to have guardians of the language mandate that unless certain people speak and do not speak in certain ways, they are to be cast upon the ash heap of radio. Nigger is a staple of rap. I do not believe there a rap song without the word (unless you count "Christian Rap") which is unknown to me.

Moral rectitude (gee...that sounds a little to close to a bad word for me, but it's all I've got) should help us not to use these words, especially crossly. But here's a few, when you're feeling especially angry (use sotto voce to protect yourself from the bloods and crips, however).

Ass-Pirate
Ass-Goblin
Ass-Nigger (saw it, couldn't resist)
Ass-Wipe
Bitch-Ass
Boner
Chink
Coon
Cunt

Well, you get the idea. I went to website to find bad words, and they were so overwhelming with them, I had to plotz. To paraphrase T. Jefferson, a word never picked my pocket, or broke my leg. Words, as repulsive as some may be, serve a good purpose. It helps to reminds us where we have come from in our relations, man to man (see the fag words) and understand better the reasons we must not disengage from the English language, but rather use it in all of its glory, may your Mom's bar of soap be damned.

Please, don't be intimidated by the word police. Our words belong to no one. They are the property, temporarily, of those who know how to use them. Then they become a part of the commonwealth, or better said, the commonwords.


Don't allow the PC crowd to crush your literary liberty. For once we lose the words we need to communicate, we lose the ability to do just that.

Joe Postove













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home